Sunday 6 November 2011

Hallowhedon 3

I know it has taken me ages to blog about this but finally it is here.
So from Friday the 28th to Sunday the 30th I had the best time ever! I got to meet people I grew up watching on TV and never thought I would get to, I made some new awesome friends and boogied the night away on the dance floor.
On the Friday my friend Nicola and I made our seem to be at the time long journey to London Victoria and then grabbed two tubes to get to Heathrow Terminal 1,2,3 to say we were excited words can not describe. Once we arrived at Heathrow we took the free bus and once we were on it, we suddenly realised we didn't know the name of the road or where to get off so we had to trust the bus driver to let us know however he managed to drop us off about a mile down the road and we hadn't got a clue where to go. Thank god for google maps as we managed to navigate our way there and finally check in at the Radison Heathrow Hotel which is amazing, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.


After dropping our bags off in to our fab room we headed down to the registration desk to get our hallowhedon packs which include photo's to get signed by the guest, coasters, badges and other cool stuff. We had a few hours to kill before the meet up so we unpacked all our stuff, geeked out over our packs and got ready to go and meet some new people which we were really nervous about.
The meet up took place at a pub not far from the hotel called the Pheasant it was quite a small but pleasant pub and the food was to die for the portions were huge and the prices were great. We met a few people and they turned out to be great we hung out with them most of the weekend.

left to right: Immy, Nicola, Kim and Carrie
After the pub went went back to the hotel for the open ceremony and got to see two out of the five guest which were Charisma Carpenter and Amber Benson, it was short and sweet quick hello and round down of the weekend then we all headed off to get ready for the PARTY!

The first party of the event was Highway Robbery Ball and I went as a cow girl and Nicola went as an Indian.

The party was great it was well decorated and the music was cheesy but good to dance to and trust me we boogied the night away.

The next morning we awoke crazy early to get breakfast and start the fun filled day. The breakfast was great good value for money as it was basically all you can eat from hot food to cereal and fruit. Of course I went for tea and full English breakfast and it went down a treat. We had breakfast every morning with Immy and Carrie which was good to catch up on what everyone.
I was mega nervous as I was about to meet Anthony Head and I love him, with all the conventions I have been to he has always been the one I wanted to meet. Standing in his queue to get his autograph I felt psychically sick and was over excited. When we were finally at the front I didn't really know what to say so I sort of just stood there and smiled. Luckily Nicola jumped in and told him that I loved him and I have been wanting to meet him for years and he was soooo lovely, we then had a quick chat about the queen and he signed a photo and my journal. We then moved on to get autographs from Amber Benson, Adam Busch and Charisma Carpenter who were all equally amazing. After all the signings were done we went off for a photo shoot with Anthony and he remembered me from the signings :)
We managed to get all our stuff done which we were really happy with because all we had to do the next day was get the rest of our photo shoots and get Phina's autograph. The rest of the afternoon we had guest talks and a quiz.





That evening was the Halloween party and I thought our costumes were awesome, I went as a killer doctor and Nicola went as Sally from Nightmare before Christmas



I didn't stay as long as I wanted to at the party because I was feeling grotty. I did manage to catch the live band Lecarla and Amber Benson riding the spider machine.

The next day was full of Photo shoots, hanging out in the dealers room spending way too much money. Guest talks, Auction which I regrettably didn't buy anything and sadly the closing ceremony. Then off for a nice meal at the pheasant. The evening party was a chill out party and Nicola had a fab firefly t-shirt she made herself and I wore a blue denim shirt and jeans.


The chill out party was great we danced the night away and managed to sit and have a good chat with the friends with made and swapped details to keep in contact. At the end of the night it was quite sad because we knew the next day we would be heading home :(

Morning came way to quick and we finished packing up our stuff and headed down for our last breakfast, we were joined by Carrie and had a good chat before we all left.

So overall I had a amazing weekend and cannot wait to go again next year!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment