Saturday 11 June 2011

Excitement

So Disney is just around the corner and to say I am excited is an understatement, I seriously can not wait. I am still not to sure what to pack as the Internet shows rain and thunderstorms while I am out there so I keep packing and unpacking.
I haven't really done much this week apart from work and spend time with my family in the evenings, but yesterday I did go round my very good friends who cooked me a fab dinner and we finally managed to have a good old catch up and gossip which we have not really had time to do lately.


Films and TV
So it has come that time of year when all the shows I am watching seem to be coming to the end of their season. My two favourite shows CSI season 11 and Criminal Mind series 6 have finished and they are going to leave my weeks boring. Also Rookie Blue has finished Fairly Legal has one more episode to go and that is finished so I am only left with Hot in Cleveland and Chicago Code which has only just started and it has me hooked.
It is a new Police drama with Jennifer Beals as the first female superintendent of Chicago PD she gets together an unofficial task force to deal with the political corruption within Chicago. Check it out but if you get to hooked on it don't get excited for a second series because I have just seen that Fox announced on May 10th that they would no be making a second series.



Films I have seen this week are Tamara Drew and Morning Glory. Now Tamara Drew was a real disappointment I was really looking forward to watching this but when I did I found it really slow and boring, it lacked a real storyline and just seemed pointless.


Morning Glory however does not disappoint it is a funny feel good film that leaves you feeling that anything is possible. It stars Rachel McAdam who I must say I think she is a awesome actress who I can say I love all her films. She plays a young woman Becky Fuller who is completely devoted to her job and when she thinks she is getting a promotion she get laid off but it lands her a job with the morning show Daybreak as a producer. She battles with her co workers to get the ratings up to save the show but she hit hurdles at ever corner she takes especially when she hires Harrison Ford character Mike Pomeroy as her new anchor and he is a arrogant reporter who thinks he is better then everyone else and refuses to do day time stories that are not real news. Throughout the film Becky goes against all odds and brings the ratings up and smashes through Mikes tough exterior. It is an all round good film and a must see

No comments:

Post a Comment